Thursday, August 4, 2011

Its Been Real

Before learning anything in this important class I was asked to post a blog about what came to my mind when I heard the term “public speaking”. The blog I Add Videoposted was about a motivational speech because that was the only experience I have had with speaking in front of people. However, my understanding of public speaking has changed after taking this class.

I learned many different examples of public speaking such as, civic, special event, and academic. I learned many of the purposes of speaking and how important it is to be prepared whenever giving a speech. I learned many different ways of preparing for a speech and the different types of ways to present speeches. Learning all of these different aspects of public speaking opened up my mind to a lot more than just giving a speech in front of a class or talking to friends at school or at a sports event.

Because of all of this new knowledge I received about public speaking my perspective of the term has changed. I realize now how much public speaking is used in todays society and how important it is while making an impact on the world as a whole. Communication effects the lives of many people and it can change the way society thinks. One speech can change the way the world works and I never thought of it that way. This speech class has taught me the importance of being good at public speaking and the different ways of doing it. I enjoyed taking this class even though it was a challenge for me to speak out in front of my classmates. I think this class was an important part of my amazing first semester at Penn State and I am so honored to have such a wonderful teacher and classmates.

No comments:

Post a Comment