Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Reflection


In my first post, I spoke about my experience with public speaking. I wrote about my presentation that I did in high school to my peers. I presented in a small group and spoke about the risks of HIV and other information about it. This example still does represent my understanding of “public speaking” I think this speech is a persuasive speech and informs the audiences of students about HIV and also persuades them to stay safe and refrain from risky behavior. It convinces them to use protection and to be careful with their decisions. I had to present in a group setting, communicate with my members, and divide the information we would speak evenly; we also had to create our own presentation, using our own ideas to help keep the class interested and be willing to listen to us. Now that I have learned more about public speaking, I feel that I am a better speaker and am more aware of my word choice. I now know that public speaking requires prior knowledge of the subject and much time is put into all speeches. The research process is very long and an important part in this process. I never realized how significant this step was. I learned the difference between different types of speeches, and the different occasions to give a speech. I also learned the different types of language to use depending on the audience, and how the audience can affect the speech given. In this class, I learned many valuable pieces of information that will be useful to know in the future, weather it be in my community or in a future class.

No comments:

Post a Comment