Sunday, August 7, 2011


Over the course of these six weeks, I have learned so much in and out of the classroom.  In CAS 100, I have learned about public speaking as a whole, the many different components, the different types of speeches and all the aspects involved with them, and much more.  This class definitely made me open up to different people, and learn to not be as nervous to deliver presentations.  I was taught many strategies that would help improve my speaking overall, my nerves and anxiety, and my outlines and information presented.  As being previously exposed to a public speaking course, I learned so much more about the fundamentals about public speaking and about public speaking itself.  Before, I learned how to make an outline, give a speech, and some basic information.  After taking CAS 100, the information and techniques I have learned, can be useful in other courses that I take over the next four years in college.  As in individual, I feel that I have improved in some areas and still have room for improvement in others. 
My potential implications for my experiences at PSU include getting a degree in speech pathology, joining a sorority, making deans list, being apart of Four Diamonds, meeting a lot of new people, and more.  With my degree in speech pathology, I hope to go to graduate school and become a speech pathologist.  One day, I want to work with kids in an elementary school, a doctor’s office, or have my own practice.  Working with kids has always been a dream and something that I wish to pursue.  Keeping my GPA and grades up is something important to me.  I always try to do my best and put as much effort as I can into things.  Making dean’s list is something that I wish to make every semester.  Being apart of the Four Diamonds organization is something that I want to continue doing.  My high school took part of Four Diamonds, so I have been involved with it the past four years.  I cannot wait for THON and to be involved with all the activities.  I hope to make friendships here with people that will last forever.  Being in LEAP, definitely has helped with this.  I have met people that I know that I will continue to be friends with in the future years.

No comments:

Post a Comment