Thursday, August 4, 2011

Reflection on CAS100A


Looking back before I took CAS100A, whenever I heard the term "public speaking" I always thought of motivational speeches because they were the most familiar to me. Now, whenever I hear this term I think much differently. I now view "public speaking" as much more than just motivational speaking. I now also associate this term with informative, celebrating, and convincing speaking. I now attach pathos, ethos, and logos also to this term, along with the occasions for public speaking. MY understanding of communication and public speaking has changed drastically thanks to CAS100A and this summer. I never would have guessed that there was so much material, strategies, and concepts to public speaking. I always thought that delivering speeches was just plain old speaking. Now, whenever I hear the term "public speaking" I think of my problem-solution speech. This is because it was something that I worked on very hard and had to apply all aspects of what I learned into this speech. It was something unlike my first speech where I just went up and talked. It was something that required me to apply all the concepts I learned into one speech and make sure I got my point across. Therefore, this CAS100A course has changed my viewpoint on public speaking by widening my understanding for public speaking and delivering speeches.

No comments:

Post a Comment