Friday, August 5, 2011

See Ya Later CAS





For my first blog assignment in CAS 100A I chose William Wallace's speech from the movie Braveheart. At the beginning of the year I thought that this speech was the best understanding of public speaking. After six weeks of learning the inns and outs of public speaking I have found this speech not to be the best example of public speaking. In fact, it is only one aspect of public speaking. The speech from Braveheart was a motivational speech. After taking CAS 100A I now think of public speaking as public advocacy. I think of people speaking for a cause whether it be political, for charity, etc. This class has made me realize the challenges of public speaking and how much thought and preparation really goes into communication. I also think about how persuasive these public speeches can be and how effective for a cause that they can be if you are an effective speaker. This class has taught me how to be an effective public speaker. Thanks CAS.

No comments:

Post a Comment