Thursday, July 14, 2011

Abortion

In my government class in high school, we were assigned to make a presentation about a government issue that we strongly believed in. I decided to talk about abortion and the importance of it remaining legal. I also mentioned the new laws regarding planned parenthood and possible new laws regarding abortion itself for the future. I presented these issues to the class and I would consider me doing this civic engagement. Many of my peers did not have a good background on the abortion issues that are currently happening. I felt that through my presentation about abortion, I provided my classmates with proper knowledge about the state of abortion and what should happen with it in the future. Even though I was informing just a class of about 25 students, I feel that I've done my part in civic engagement.

No comments:

Post a Comment