Thursday, July 14, 2011

No Bully Zone


My senior year of high school, I was assigned a project in my peer counseling class to inform other students in the school about an issue that I felt was important. The problem that I picked was the harmful effects of bullying. I think that this is considered civic engagement because I informed my community and peers about this reoccurring problem that I felt needed to be changed. My group and I tried very hard to get this information out there and to try to put an end to this horrible issue. We made a presentation about what bullying can do to someone, and reasons behind bullying. Although there was no way to permanently eliminate this, we tried to inform and tell everyone about it. We wanted to be sure that everyone in the school saw the presentation and that they all try their hardest to spread the words of wisdom that they had learned about bullying. I think that this was civic engagement because I was personally dealing with an issue that I felt needed to be addressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment